Monday, January 21, 2013

Similie & Metaphor

a Simile is a figure of speech. Its when you compare one thing to another thing using ''like or ''as'' .
example: ''I'm as tall as a tree''
I think Similes are important part of writing because similes are used to compare to things that usually wouldn't have anything in common but find something that they do.
 
But somewhere we went wrong We were once so strong Our love is like a song, you can't forget it

-Demi lovato ''Dont forget"


a Metaphor is another figure of speech when you compare two things that usually wouldn't be compared to each other without using ''like'' or ''as''.
Example:
 
Ooh, your love is a symphony
All around me, running through me
Ooh, your love is a melody
Underneath me, running to me
 
- Switchfoot ''Your love is a song''

No comments:

Post a Comment