Wednesday, February 20, 2013

TOMAS symbolism & themes

In very school there's always that one quite kid. He/she sits alone only talks when needed and just keep to him/her self. Well at one point that was me. You see i made the dumb decision of moving to NY with my mom  for my freshman year. I new it was going to be hard i was in unknown territory. I was never really a shy person.
I was quick to make friends. But I was in a new place I was pretty terrified.  It was a completely different school Im use to going to a school that was diversed this school they were all white .___. But I didnt think much of it they seemed nice well so I thought. On my first day I was pretty nervous. 
When they gave me my schedule they called down two senior guys to show me around the school. They were really nice people.  There names where Mathew and Chris. They were hilarious. You could tell they were the class clowns. Within minutes I was comfortable enough to talk back with them to make jokes. They showed me to all my classes and introduced me to my teacher.  They would walk in the class and say "you have a new student" in a funny voice and I would start laughing anyone would of thought we been friends for  a while. I noticed a lot of the girls were looking at me witu dirty looks but I didnt put thought about it. When they were done showing me around they took to my 4th period class which was history.  Again they walked me and made conversation with the teacher. My teacher told me to take a seat. They guys left and said "bye dreaa" I felt happy that they called me that because most of my friends back home called me that so I felt comfortable.  Then I hear a girl in the back of the class say "who the fuck is that" and I quickly new she didnt like me because her tone of voice.
I honestly didnt care so I made a slide comment "you wanna find out" and I turned around and looked at her and smiled she rolled her eyes and that was thebend if it. The rest of the day was the same no girl wanted to talk to me. They all looked at me with a dirty look. I felt completely out of place I made a couple of friends but they where guys so most girls where saying I was a slut because of it. But I mean none of them wanted to talk to me so what was I spouse to do. I had a lot of arguments with girls almost regularly.  My grades where sleeping I just couldnt concentrate. I usually dont care if someone dosent like me but I felt like it was me against the whole school. At one point it got violent. They tryed to jump me in the bathroom they followed me home. I felt really useless I had no type of confidence.  I fell into a deep depression I wanted to move back to NJ. I just didnt know how to tell my mom. Soon she noticed I wasn't happy I would never leave my room. I was always sleeping I didnt even eat. She got worried and asked me what was going on. So I told her. She asked me if I wanted to leave and I told her I did. That was one of the hardest thing I ever had to do tell my mom I didnt wanna live with her anymore but I felt like if I stayed I wouldnt be able to handle it. So I left. Sometimes I feel pathetic butbi honestly think I did the right thing.

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever talk to an adult at school about this? You know they were just jealous and it had nothing to do with you, right?

    ReplyDelete