Monday, November 12, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

honestly i did not even know there was going to be a hurricane. When i did find out about it a was Friday but i thought it was just a simple storm. I didn't make much of it. That whole week i went out without a worry. It was spouse to hit Sunday night but it didn't i was out with friends and nothing seemed different. Everyone on twitter was making jokes about the hurricane. I wasn't the only one not taking it seriously. Even my dad didn't take it seriously. He didn't go out in a rush to stock up food he just made sure his gas tank was full. I had even made plans with my friends to go the next day after the hurricane. The night of the hurricane i was in my room watching a movie on Netflix. I remember hearing my window raddle because the air was hitting it to hard.  Still i didn't think of it to much around 11:30 my lights were flickering i looked out my window i couldn't see very clearly but i could tell it was a big storm a tree had already falling and branches were  everywhere. Around 12:15 my power went out i decided to go to sleep thinking everything was okay. When I woke up I looked out my window and I knew the storm was big. There where trees everywhere. I didnt have power but most of NJ didnt. There was no phone service. There was no signal. I stayed in my house for about two days nothing to do I was just home reading books. After the third day my phone had found signal I had my phone of the past days so I have battery left I was so happy I felt like I was living without electricity for years. My friends called me and told me they had power and to go over the next day. At night most of all thw towns looked like ghost towns it was so dark. I spent most of my week at my friends house and in south plainfield we had a family friend there. After about two weeks my power came back. I could not be happier. I learned that I would go crazy if I permanently lost electricity. I learned how boring life is without it. It sucked not knowing what was going on in thw world becauze my phone was dead and there was no tv. When my power came back on I found out Obama won the election which was even better news Romney scares me so that was good news. When I got the call that the school was opening I was actually happy. I missed ir I really did and know im back in school and I hate it again, but thats things going back to normal. The hurricane really destroyed a lot of homes. Im happy mines wasent one of them but its sad to see so many families effected by this. I just want to see things go back to normal. Hurricane sandy was underestimated by a lot of people. I just hope we dont get another hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment