Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The joy of life

“So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more dangerous to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.”

What Chris is saying in this selection is that so many peoplw live unhappy lives and they do nothing to change it because dont want there life to change. They have a life of security, and comfort. They dont want there life to change. Everything may seem oky with them but theres nothing more dangerous to a mans adventures spirit then a secure future. A mans spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes form new experiences and that there is nothing better then to try somthing new every single day.  I think Chris was right. There are so many people who live unhappy lives but dont move a finger to change it because are so comfortable with there life it dosent matter to them and are scared things well change.

Chris embraced these beliefs by starting his trip into the wild. He was not happy with his life and did somthing about it. He took nothing with jusy hoped in his car and headed to were he wanted to go. He went after the ultimate adventure. Chris had a new experience everyday. He meet someone new pracrticly everyday. One day he was driving through the desert another sneaking into mexico. He didnt like his life and he did somthing about it.

My life is conditioned to security and comfort because if I dont like somthing about my life I dont do anything because I dont want anything to change. I don't think my life could actually be better by a couple changes. I live a normal life nothing extraordinary. If I were to meet chris im preety sure he would question me about not trying new things. I dont like change Im to scared to change anything about my life. He would probably encourage me to try new things to stop being so scared . He would tell me to stop being negative to enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment