Thursday, October 11, 2012

My plan was to have a simple fun and learning experience at the Amazon rain forest.  Well what i planned to be a 4 day and 3 night trip turned out to be 2 weeks. Why? because my idiotic self decided to get lost in the forest. Its not like i planned this. I was just simply curious and stupid. Well let me start from the begging.
I was on my flight to Brazil.
 I was siting next to this old creepy man. I was just minding my own business reading this magazine i got at the airport when the man asked me were i am going ''oh i am going to the amazon rain forest for a few days'' i thought the conversation would end there but it did not. ''Oh that is going to be an amazing experience, they have the most amazing animals my favorite is the Toucan'' I just smiled and said ''oh that's cool'' then the conversation ended. But i was curious to know what toucan was. The rest of my way to the Amazon rain forest wasn't really interesting it was really easy to get there.
 Still i didn't know what a toucan was all i found out was that it was a bird and had a big beak (or a nose as i call it). I had finally made it to the camp ground were my tour guides had us for this trip. It was extreamly beautiful. I had been here for only two days and already learned how to catch food and make shelter. On my third day i decided to go for a walk.
On my walk i saw what I thought was a toucan. It was flying away and i ran after it when suddenly i slipped down a hill and twisted my ankle. I couldn't get up i didn't know what to do i was freaking out. ''Help someone help me'' i yelled but know one answered all i kept thinking was i am going to die oh and that i wanted to kill that toucan for leading me into a trap. It took all the strength i had but i got up. I walked for about 5 min when i realized if i keep walking i am going to hurt my ankle even more. I decided to make a fire it was kind of hard to find wood that was dry everything was wet be eventually i found some.
I made a fire and tryed to catch a fish thankfully there was a fish that had swimmed to close to the edge of the river i quickly got it and cooked it. It was the most discussting thing ever it had no flavor i was extreamly mad over that.  I lived off fish for two weeks. I felt so tired and scared on the bright side my ankle was better. i have been on my own for almost two weeks now. I decided to go look for help. I was scared to do this because what if i get lost and animal eats me but i am already lost so well see how this goes.
I was walking for maybe walking for 2 hours when i heard someone calling my name. I ran towards the sound of the person voice to find it was my tour guide and some other people looking for me. I was so happy and exited i tackled them all out of joy. They took me back to the camp and then took me to town to take a bus to the airport. While i was in the town waiting for my bus i went to this little store.
I found picture of animals and there in a big picture in the corner of the room was a picture of the toucan. That wasn't the bird i was following back in the forest -.-  . I learned to not go wondering off anymore. I am just thankful i had learned survival skills from my tour guides because if not i dont know what would of happened

No comments:

Post a Comment